Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Bestfriend's Wedding

No, It isn't the movie. It was seriously my best friend's wedding!
I went to Oklahoma to be there for my best friend and on her wedding day. I was the Maid-of-Honor, but I guess when you are married they call you Maytron of Honor. Which to me sounded extremely old. The week was a flurry of events of going to the Bachorlette party, buying last minute items to wear to the wedding. The wedding was amazing.


Sheila looked like a model with her wedding dress. The dress was gorgeous and the decorations awesome. I got to hold Nick's ring for a little bit, and hold Sheila's bouquet. It was so much fun, except if Natasha would of just calmed down and not become bridezilla for Sheila.



I was also told I was to give a toast. They asked the bestman to give a toast and the maid of honor which equaled....your very own, muah! I was told the night before. You have to understand...I don't like large crowds or giving talks. I always feel dumb afterward. I don't even give talks in church! (Sheila, Feel blissful that I did it! You are seriously like another sister to me!!)




So here I am...in a Hallmark store trying to figure out what I wanted to say to Sheila and her upcoming happiness.. I find myself at Hallmark the next day to get ideas. Hallmark does a sooo much better job than I ever could do. So I totally write a few sentences that I like from a few card on a napkin to use later.

So It is about my turn for the toast and my palms are sweating, feeling dizzy from standing in the sun for the ceremony, and wishing I was 2 feet tall so I didn't have to see all the people starring at me. I end up not using the napkin, but telling some story about when I first met Sheila and Nick. I guess it goes well until the end...I totally forget to tell everyone to lift there glasses and toast toward Sheila and Nick....I end it, after a long pause, "CHEERS!"




I was extremely horrified about it and quickly dart away and toward the dancers to disappear. Luckily, Sheila said she loved it and I had gotten a few laughs from people. The wedding didn't end in disaster! In fact, it was awesome. Overall it was a great wedding and I couldn't be happier to my best friend. She couldn't have gotten a better guy.

No comments: